Saturday, March 6, 2010

Enchilada Trick

Hey there readers!

I just wanted to pass along an easy, and super-yummy, trick for enchiladas.

In a crock pot, place some chicken, corn, beans, tomatoes, one pkg taco seasoning, etc. You can add whatever else you want (like green or red peppers, green onions, etc). I like to load my enchiladas with veggies; it's a "mom challenge" I give myself.

Cook until the chicken is cooked, and then shred the chicken before filling your enchiladas and placing them in the pan.

Now here comes the trick: open a can of green enchilada sauce and pour it into the crock pot. Stir it around to mix it with the juices from the filling that has just cooked. Now pour that over the top of your enchiladas before baking them.

Seriously, you will never taste better home-made enchiladas.

(not my photo...)

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I just made enchiladas last night, and was thinking of doing a post about it. Funny! Mine were beef, so it wouldn't be COMPLETELY redundant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds, Meili, great minds....

    ReplyDelete