Monday, February 15, 2010

I've Been Baking

A couple weeks ago, I made these delicious oreo truffles, courtesy of Bakerella. Can you guess the occasion? Yes, they were a hit at the Super Bowl party I attended with friends. (See recipe here.)


Then I made this. It's a chocolate cake from a box (which I usually oppose), and frosting made from shortening (yuck), but I made it for a cake decorating class I'm taking with my friend Shanel. When I first showed up with my unfrosted cake, my fellow students remarked what a cute guitar I had.

After completing the decoration, I think it's a recognizable, although not symmetrical, violin.


Yesterday, my fabulous mother in law made Julia Child's boeuf borguignon for our family Valentine's Day dinner. Wow! I'm still dreaming about it; it was so tasty. This difficult dish filled the house with the aroma of wine and sauteed mushrooms. We ate it over mashed potatoes, paired with a sweet salad with candied pecans and feta, and rolls with homemade raspberry jam. And then... this.


She made this four layer chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ganache, which she let me drizzle over the top and sides. I may or may not have eaten a couple spoonfuls when no one was looking.

Peace, Love & Chocolate

3 comments:

  1. Oh man that makes my Sunday family dinners look so boring. Made me hungry just reading this. I'm highly impressed with your violin. Way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter Prier might be a little envious of your violin making skills.
    Everything you make looks delish. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happiness is a chocolate violin

    ReplyDelete